For information on our general Terms & Conditions, please see our Terms & Conditions page.
In light of COVID-19, we have introduced the following Caveats to various sections of our Terms & Conditions for the foreseeable future. See below for the relevant sections that have been amended:
3. BALANCE PAYMENTS -COVID19 CAVEAT
Due to the uncertainty regarding COVId-19, we appreciate that many people may be unsure about paying balances 6 weeks prior to your holiday. With this in mind, we have decided to deviate from our usual terms by moving the final payment date to just two weeks before you are due to arrive for all bookings up to the end of 2020. Please bear in mind that should you cancel your stay that will give us just 2 weeks to re-book your dates in line with our normal cancellation policy.
4. CANCELLATIONS - COVID19 CAVEAT
In light of COVID19, the following caveat will apply regarding cancellations.
- If we are open for business any cancellations made by guests for whatever reason, other than a positive test for Covid19 (see below), will be subject to our usual Terms & Conditions as outlined in paragraph 4. We hope in these circumstances your travel insurance will reimburse you (we do highly recommend that travel insurance is taken out at the time of booking). We are of course happy to supply any documentation needed in order for you to make a claim.
- With the Government’s new Test & Trace service now in operation, anyone who falls ill prior to their holiday with COVID19 symptoms who tests positive, or who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive, must self-isolate for 14 days. Therefore, you must contact us immediately to cancel your holiday and not travel to Nutcombe Cottages to protect the safety of others and our local community. You will not be permitted to isolate at Nutcombe.
- As a good will gesture, in these circumstances only, we would deviate from our usual terms and offer you the opportunity to move your dates to another time within the next 12 months, subject to availability. Depending on the cost of the new booking, you may have to make an additional payment or you may receive a partial refund. Your deposit will be transferred to the new booking which will then be subject to our usual Terms and Conditions. We would however need to see written evidence of confirmation of a positive test or direct instructions to isolate.
- If anyone in your party falls ill with COVID19 symptoms during your stay, you must contact us immediately, vacate the property and return to your main residence to isolate in line with Government Guidelines. You will not be permitted to isolate at Nutcombe Cottages. We cannot offer refunds if guests cannot complete their stay, early departure does not warrant a rental decrease.
- If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example, because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
- If they are too unwell to travel, they will be liable for the additional rental for any longer period staying and costs of any subsequent cancellations incurred
- We urge guests to ensure they have adequate Travel Insurance
- If we are forced to close by the Government when your holiday is due, again we would ask that you consider moving your dates until later in the year or into 2021 as detailed above.
- If this is not possible then we would ask you please, first to check your travel insurance policy to see if you are covered and would ask you make a claim to cover monies paid.
- If either option is not possible, if we are unable to offer you a holiday due to enforced closure, as per our normal Terms and Conditions outlined in paragraph 5, we will of course refund your money.
6. THE RENTAL PERIOD - COVID-19 CAVEAT
To enable us to ensure the property is cleaned and sanitized to highest possible standards in line with Government guidelines for every stay, we respectfully request that guests staying in Nutcombe Barn and Cider House do not arrive before 5pm and to vacate the property by 9.30am on the day of your departure. For Elsley, please do not arrive before 4.30pm and vacate the property by 10am. The Rental Period remains the same for Nutcombe Cottage at 4pm check in and 10am check out. We hope this won’t impact too much on your holiday.
7. GUESTS RESPONSIBILITY - ADDITIONAL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR GUESTS
Your cottage will be thoroughly cleaned to our usual high standard, however, in line with Government guidelines and the risks posed by the current COVID-19 pandemic, additional sanitization has been implemented (see Our Additional Cleaning Routine) to protect guests and cleaners. We have therefore introduced additional protocols for guests. Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page
16. HOUSEHOLD LINEN - COVID-19 CAVEAT
Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page for Caveats to our household linen Terms & Conditions
20. FURTHER INFORMATION - COVID-19 CAVEAT
Please note that due to COVID-19, leaflets and guide books have been removed from the property along with our Guest Manual. Most of this information is now available on our website or will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
21. DAY OF DEPARTURE - COVID19 CAVEAT
In order to comply with Government guidelines on opening, we have had to incorporate some additional routines for guests to follow on their day of departure. Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page for details.