COVID-19 Terms & Conditions Caveats
For information on our general Terms & Conditions, please see our Terms & Conditions page.
In light of COVID-19, we have introduced the following Caveats to various sections of our Terms & Conditions for the foreseeable future. See below for the relevant sections that have been amended:
4. CANCELLATIONS - COVID19 CAVEAT
In light of COVID19, the following caveat will apply regarding cancellations.
- If you are unable to travel due to travel restrictions, we will offer a full refund of monies paid or the opportunity to move dates to another time within the next twelve months, subject to availability (see conditions below).
- If we are forced to close by local restrictions in North Devon when your holiday is due, we would ask first that you check your travel insurance policy to see if you are covered and would ask you make a claim to cover monies paid. If this is not possible then we would ask you please to consider moving your dates until later in the year as detailed below. If either option is not possible and we are unable to offer you a holiday due to enforced closure, as per our normal Terms and Conditions outlined in paragraph 5, we will of course offer a full refund.
- In line with Government Guidelines, anyone who falls ill with COVID19 symptoms prior to their holiday who tests positive, or who has been in contact with someone who has tested positive and is told self-isolate for 14 days, must contact us immediately to cancel their holiday and not travel to Nutcombe Cottages to protect the safety of others and our local community. You will not be permitted to isolate at Nutcombe. In these circumstances, for bookings in 2021, we would deviate from our usual terms & conditions and offer a full refund or the opportunity to move your dates to another time within the next 12 months, subject to availability (see conditions below). We would however need to see written evidence of confirmation of a positive test or direct instructions to isolate.
- If we are open for business any cancellations made by guests for whatever reason, other than those mentioned above, will be subject to our usual Terms & Conditions as outlined in paragraph 4. We hope in these circumstances your travel insurance will reimburse you (we do highly recommend that travel insurance is taken out at the time of booking). We are of course happy to supply any documentation needed in order for you to make a claim.
- If anyone in your party falls ill with COVID19 symptoms during your stay, you must contact us immediately, vacate the property and return to your main residence to isolate. You will not be permitted to isolate at Nutcombe Cottages. We cannot offer refunds if guests cannot complete their stay, early departure does not warrant a rental decrease.
- If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example, because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow Government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
- If they are too unwell to travel, they will be liable for the additional rental for any longer period staying and costs of any subsequent cancellations incurred.
- We urge guests to ensure they have adequate Travel Insurance
Moving Dates to Another Time
Depending on the cost of the new booking, you may have to make an additional payment or you may receive a partial refund. Your deposit/balance will be transferred to the new booking which will then be subject to our usual Terms and Conditions.
6. THE RENTAL PERIOD - COVID-19 CAVEAT
To enable us to ensure the property is cleaned and sanitized to highest possible standards in line with Government guidelines for every stay, we respectfully request that guests staying in Nutcombe Barn and Cider House do not arrive before 5pm and to vacate the property by 9.30am on the day of your departure. For Elsley, please do not arrive before 4.30pm and vacate the property by 10am. The Rental Period remains the same for Nutcombe Cottage at 4pm check in and 10am check out. We hope this won’t impact too much on your holiday.
7. GUESTS RESPONSIBILITY - ADDITIONAL COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR GUESTS
Your cottage will be thoroughly cleaned to our usual high standard, however, in line with Government guidelines and the risks posed by the current COVID-19 pandemic, additional sanitization has been implemented (see Our Additional Cleaning Routine) to protect guests and cleaners. We have therefore introduced additional protocols for guests. Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page
16. HOUSEHOLD LINEN - COVID-19 CAVEAT
Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page for Caveats to our household linen Terms & Conditions
20. FURTHER INFORMATION - COVID-19 CAVEAT
Please note that due to COVID-19, leaflets and guide books have been removed from the property along with our Guest Manual. Most of this information is now available on our website or will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
21. DAY OF DEPARTURE - COVID19 CAVEAT
In order to comply with Government guidelines on opening, we have had to incorporate some additional routines for guests to follow on their day of departure. Please see our Guests Protocols re COVID-19 page for details.