Before making a booking, please take the time to read our Terms & Conditions.
1. To reserve the “property” of your choice the client should advise us by telephone/email/completing a booking request on our website. We will then hold the property for seven days during which time the client should complete a Booking Form together with payment of the initial deposit (30% of the total amount due) (Please see our cancellation policy below). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/email a confirmation receipt to you. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED YOU TAKE OUT YOUR OWN HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
2. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 residents in Nutcombe Cottage, 4 residents in Cider House or 6 residents in Nutcombe Barn unless the owner has given written permission. If the client should wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form, they should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will be allowed at our own discretion.
3. A bank transfer or cheque should be received by us no later than six weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to do this may be regarded by us as a cancellation by you of your holiday. We therefore reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by this date. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 1 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
5. In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majeure to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing; failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
6. COVID19 CAVEAT
In light of COVID19, the following caveat will apply regarding cancellations.
Local Lockdowns or Enforced Closure
Developing symptoms prior to arrival
In line with Government Guidelines, if any guests develop COVID19 symptoms prior to their holiday, they must take a PCR test and self-isolate while awaiting results. You must also self-isolate for 10 days, if you are not double jabbed and have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid 19 or have been told to do so by Test & Trace. In these circumstances you must contact us immediately to cancel your holiday and not travel to Nutcombe Cottages or Elsley.
You will not be permitted to isolate at Nutcombe or Elsley. In these circumstances your travel insurance should reimburse you (we do highly recommend that travel insurance is taken out at the time of booking). We are of course happy to supply any documentation needed in order for you to make a claim.
Please note: As Covid 19 is now a recognized condition, insurance companies should cover as they do for any other illnesses, therefore, refunds or the opportunity to move dates to another time will not be offered in these circumstances. Any future booking will be classified as a new booking.
Developing Symptoms during your stay
If anyone in your party develops symptoms of COVID19 during your visit, do not ignore or try to hide your symptoms. You must:
If you test positive, you must:
THE RENTAL PERIOD
7. To enable us to ensure the property is cleaned and sanitized to highest possible standards for every stay, the rental period for each cottage is as follows:
We should be grateful if you would state your anticipated arrival time when returning the balance of your payment.
8. The owner maintains a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times. The client undertakes to leave the cottage, its fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
9. All properties and buildings at Nutcombe are strictly NON-SMOKING OR VAPING.
10. Care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds and children are to be supervised at all times.
11. All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owners’ agreement).
12. You will not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to fellow holiday makers, or neighbours of adjoining premises or land.
13. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions, we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you.
14. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
15. COVID 19 Guest Protocols
In order to protect guests and cleaners from Covid 19, additional sanitization & procedures have been implemented. We therefore ask that guests follow some simple rules to keep themselves and others safe during their stay. These are highlighted in our COVID19 Protocols for Guests available here. These will form part of your contract for your holiday and must be agreed to at the time of booking.
16. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
HOUSE RULES FOR DOGS
17. To ensure Nutcombe is the right place for your dog, we have included some do’s and don’ts on our ‘Your Dogs Holiday at Nutcombe’ page available on our website here. These rules form part of our Terms & Conditions and must be agreed to at the time of booking.
18. Sheets and duvets covers are supplied as are towels and T-towels. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Saturday.
19. COVID 19 Caveat
In order to protect our cleaners and incoming guests from the presence of Covid 19, we have incorporated some additional routines for guests to follow on their day of departure. Please see our COVID 19 Protocols for Guests by clicking here. These will form part of your contract for your holiday and must be agreed to at the time of booking.
20. Please note that there is ample parking in the car park which is located close to all properties. You are however requested to advise the number of parking spaces required on the booking form.
ELECTRICITY & HEATING
21. All properties have oil fired central heating throughout. They have electric cookers, washer dryers, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, as well as a vacuum cleaner an ironing board and iron. Electricity and heating is included in the price of a booking.
22. Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
23. Tourist information brochures, leaflets and guide books are available at the properties together with a Guest Manual containing all the local information and contact numbers you should need. There is also a wealth of information on our website.
24. The Owner has the right to change any décor, furnishings or fabrics as shown on photographs on their website and advertising. It is the Clients responsibility to check that the property meets any specific requirements that they might have before making a booking. By completing and signing our Booking Form, the Client accepts our Terms & Conditions, Covid19 Guest Protocols, House Rules for dogs and Privacy statement.