Before making a booking, please take the time to read our Terms & Conditions.
1. To reserve the “property” of your choice the client should make a booking via the Book Now button on our website or contact us by telephone/email/completing a booking request on our website. We will then hold the property for seventy two hours during which time the client should complete a Booking Form together with payment of the initial deposit (30% of the total amount due) (Please see our cancellation policy below). Our preferred method of payment is via bank transfer, although we do accept cheques and card payments. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/email a confirmation receipt to you. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED YOU TAKE OUT YOUR OWN HOLIDAY CANCELLATION INSURANCE.
2. The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 residents in Nutcombe Cottage, 4 residents in Cider House or 6 residents in Nutcombe Barn plus cot unless the owner has given written permission. If the client should wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form, they should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will be allowed at our own discretion.
3. A bank transfer/cheque/card payment for the remaining balance should be received by us no later than six weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to do this may be regarded by us as a cancellation by you of your holiday. We therefore reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by this date. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Subject to clauses 1 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. Dates cannot be transferred.
5. In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majeure to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing; failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
6. In light of COVID19, the following caveats will now apply regarding cancellations for any pandemic situations in the future.
Local Lockdowns or Enforced Closure
Developing symptoms prior to arrival
Although the Government has removed the legal requirement to self-isolate following a positive test for Covid19, people are still advised to stay home and limit contact with people if they test positive or have symptoms. Therefore, if any guests develop COVID19 symptoms prior to their holiday please contact us immediately before travelling.
Developing Symptoms during your stay
If anyone in your party develops symptoms of COVID19 during your visit, please notify us immediately so that we can put infection control measures in place on your departure.
THE RENTAL PERIOD
7. To enable us to ensure the property is cleaned to highest possible standards for every stay, the rental period for each cottage is as follows:
8. Should your cottage be ready before our standard check in time, you will be notified by phone, therefore please supply a mobile number on the booking form.
9. The owner maintains a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times. The client undertakes to leave the cottage, its fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
10. All properties and buildings at Nutcombe are strictly NON-SMOKING OR VAPING.
11. Care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds and children are to be supervised at all times. Guests are asked keep to the left of the pond and stream unless invited to view the gardens by the owner.
12. All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owners’ agreement).
13. You will not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to fellow holiday makers, or neighbours of adjoining premises or land.
14. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions, we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you.
15. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
16. During and at the end of your stay we ask guests to follow some simple housekeeping procedures to help maintain a healthy environment and enable smooth changeovers. These are highlighted in our Protocols for Guests available in the cottage for your stay.
17. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
18. We are on mains electricity with oil fired boilers for central heating and hot water. Our water comes from our own private spring and we have a private Bio Sewage drainage system. Wi-Fi is provided by Plusnet. Whilst every effort is made to ensure continuity of service, we cannot be held responsible for any third-party breakdowns, malfunctions, or cuts of utility services such as electricity, Wi-Fi Network or MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control). Every line of enquiry will be made with any providers in an effort to resume normal service, but no refund or relocation will be considered for interruptions.
19. In the case of Television and Telecommunications (Wi-Fi/Broadband) we cannot be held responsible for the services to Nutcombe Cottages. We expect these services to be operating for all our guests but these can be subject to interruptions in rural areas, particularly in bad weather. Should these services go down, every line of inquiry will be made with the provider in an effort to resume normal service but no refund or relocation will be considered for interruptions to telecommunications or Television signal.
20. Mobile signal is limited at Nutcombe depending on the Network provider used. However, guests can use the internet for internet calling or messaging via Whats App or any other messaging service or in an emergency our own house land line.
HOUSE RULES FOR DOGS
21. To ensure Nutcombe is the right place for your dog, we have included some do’s and don’ts on our ‘Your Dogs Holiday at Nutcombe’ page available on our website at www.nutcombeholidaycottages.co.uk/your-dogs-holiday-at-nutcombe. These rules form part of our Terms & Conditions and must be agreed to at the time of booking.
22. Sheets and duvets covers are supplied as are towels and T-towels. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Saturday.
23. Please note that there is ample parking in the car park which is located close to all properties. You are however requested to advise the number of parking spaces required on the booking form.
24. We do not provide facilities for charging EV’s. Electric Vehicles should not be charged from the domestic supply within the cottage or any outbuildings under any circumstances. It is dangerous to do so and invalidates our insurance. The nearest charging point is located at The Pack ‘0’ Cards pub a mile down the road.
ELECTRICITY & HEATING
25. All properties have oil fired central heating throughout. They all have electric ovens, a washer dryer, a fridge-freezer, a dishwasher, a microwave, as well as a vacuum cleaner an ironing board, iron and a hairdryer. Electricity and heating are included in the price of a booking but guests are asked to turn off lights and devices when not in use and to turn the heating down when they go out or have windows open. .
26. Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
23. Tourist information brochures, leaflets and guide books are available at the properties together with a Guest Manual containing all the local information and contact numbers you should need. There is also a wealth of information on our website at www.nutcombeholidaycottages.co.uk
24. The Owner has the right to change any décor, furnishings or fabrics as shown on photographs on their website and advertising. It is the Clients responsibility to check that the property meets any specific requirements that they might have before making a booking. By completing and signing our Booking Form, the Client accepts our Terms & Conditions, Your Dogs Holiday at Nutcombe (dog rules) and Privacy statement.
Updated 28th November 2022