Terms & Conditions
Before making a booking, please take the time to read our Terms & Conditions.
- To reserve the “property” of your choice please contact us by completing an Enquiry form or by telephone or email. We will then hold the property for seven days during which time the client should send a completed Booking Form together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total amount due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/email a confirmation receipt to you. This is a formal acceptance of the booking. Please note that if you cancel your holiday you are still responsible for paying the full rental fee. It is therefore recommended that you take out your own holiday cancellation insurance.
- The maximum number to reside in the property must not exceed 4 residents in Nutcombe Cottage, 4 residents in Cider House, 6 residents in Nutcombe Barn or Elsley unless the owner has given written permission. If the client should wish to add to or change any members of the party on the booking form they should advise us as soon as possible. Changes will be allowed at our own discretion.
- A cheque or bank transfer should be received by us no later than six weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to do this may be regarded by us as a cancellation by you of your holiday. We therefore reserve the right to re-let the cottage if full payment is not received by this date. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking
- Subject to clauses 1 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount.
- In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majored to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing; failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
THE RENTAL PERIOD
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day at Nutcombe Cottages and at 3pm at Elsley and finish at 10.00am on the last day. We should be grateful if you would state your anticipated arrival time when returning the balance of your payment. Saturday is change-over day for Nutcombe Barn, Cider House and Elsley and Friday for Nutcombe Cottage.
- The owner maintains a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times. The client undertakes to leave the cottage, its fixtures and furniture in the same good condition as they were found.
- All properties and buildings at Nutcombe & Elsley are strictly NON-SMOKING.
- Care should be taken by everyone in the grounds and in the vicinity of the streams and ponds.
- All breakages/damage must be notified immediately and paid for at replacement cost (but please do not replace any broken items without the owners’ agreement).
- You will not cause annoyance or become a nuisance to fellow holiday makers, or neighbours of adjoining premises or land. If you fail to observe our terms and conditions we have the right to terminate your booking even if you are at the property by asking you to leave at once without any compensation becoming payable to you. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time should the need arise.
- The owner shall not be liable to the client:
- For any loss or theft of property belonging to the client or other people under his or responsibility.
- For any death or injury to the client or people under his or her responsibility.
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of electricity, oil, water, TV, telephone, mobile reception.
- For any loss, damage or injury which is a result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 28 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
HOUSE RULES FOR DOGS
- Only those dogs mentioned on the booking form and agreed with the owners are permitted. Please see our Your Dogs Holiday at Nutcombe page for full descriptions)
- No dog under the age of one year is permitted.
- They must be kept under strict control on leads at all times (apart from the dog garden).
- Dogs must not be allowed on the furniture and should be kept upstairs and out of the bedrooms in all cottages using the fixed stair gates.
- They must not be left unattended in the property or grounds at any time.
- Any dog waste should be picked up and placed in bags which can then be put in the dog waste bins provided on site.
Please note there is a £25 charge for one dog or £40 for two. Dogs are not permitted at Elsley
- At Nutcombe Cottages sheets and duvets covers are supplied as are towels and T-towels. At Elsley we only provide sheets and duvet covers please note towels are not included at Elsley. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Saturday.
All items of household linen are strictly for indoor use only and must not be used on pets or as beach towels.
- Please note that there is ample parking at Nutcombe Cottages in the car park which is located close to all properties. You are however requested to advise the number of parking spaces required on the booking form. At Elsley the driveway can comfortably accommodate up to three cars.
ELECTRICITY & HEATING
- All properties at Nutcombe have oil fired central heating throughout. They have electric cookers, washer dryers, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, as well as a vacuum cleaner an ironing board and iron. Electricity and heating is included in the price of a booking. Elsley is heated by gas central heating and has all the other amenities apart from a dishwasher.
- Clients are strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability, accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage etc.
- Tourist information brochures, leaflets and guide books are available at the properties together with a Guest Manual containing all the local information and contact numbers you should need.
- The Owner has the right to change any décor, furnishings or fabrics as shown on photographs on their website and advertising. It is the Clients responsibility to check that the property meets any specific requirements that they might have before making a booking. By completing and signing our Booking Form, the Client accepts our Terms & Conditions, House Rules and Privacy statement.